Johnson Works’ mission is to enhance the quality of life for people who live, work and visit Johnson by helping the downtown develop as a vital and diverse community center for commercial, cultural and entertainment activities, education, recreation, dining and residential use.
Our work falls into two major areas. The first area is the events/activities that will promote public use of the downtown and make Johnson a better place to live, conduct business and visit. The second broad category is marketing and promoting Johnson as a cultural, educational, recreational and shopping hub for residents and visitors.
- Johnson Holiday Jubilee – winter holiday event to celebrate the holidays and encourage shopping locally. Businesses stay open for extra hours and there are community activities all around the downtown.
- Outdoor Sculpture Show – coordinate an exhibit of sculptures along Main Street
- Downtown WI-FI + launch of https://johnsonconnect.net/
We meet every second Tuesday of the month in Lovin Cup Cafe at 8:30 a.m. All are welcome to attend!
Johnson Works Board:
- President: Greg Stefanski (Laraway Youth and Family Services)
- Treasurer: Bobbi Rooney (Tangles)
- Secretary: Lea Kilvadyova (Town/Village of Johnson).
Other Board members:
- Ray Williams (Johnson’s Sterling Market)
- Dawn Locke (Northern Highlights Salon)
- Lucy Marvin (Butternut Mountain Farm)
- Kyle Nuse (The Studio Store)
- Walter Pomroy (Walter J Pomroy CPA)
- Jodi Tallman (Merchants Bank)
- Amy Naylor (Maple Addiction Country Primitive Shoppe)
- Elaine Harvey (Johnson State College)
- Linda Jones (Johnson Historical Society)
- Cadi Tourangeau (The Landmark Tavern)